The eagerly awaited CBSE board exam date sheet is now available. While both Class 10th and Class 12th exams begin from 1st March 2014 (as they did in 2013) Class 10th exams will finish by 19th March 2014 and Class 12th will finish on 17 April 2014.
Around 22.65 lakh students have registered for the 2014 CBSE board exam as compared to 21.76 lakh students registered in 2013 CBSE board exams. The increase in number of registered students has likely been caused by the increase in the number of schools joining CBSE from various parts of the country. From the 13.25 lakh Class 10th students registered with CBSE 7.29 lakh will attempt their respective School-Based examination while 5.96 lakh will appear for the external CBSE board based examination.
Friends, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has declared
the results of IBPS PO-III. The Online exams were conducted in the month
of October and November 2013. Candidates who appeared for online exam
may check their result from the below link:-
Dear Friends, Here we are presenting the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) EXAM 27th October 2013 Questions of Morning Session. Answers will update soon, till then users answers are welcome in comment area. 1) Who was the founder of the "Prarthana Samaj" ?
2) Arrange the following historical events chronologically choosing the correct response ?
I. French Revolution
II. Glorious Revolution
III. American War of Independence
IV. Russian Revolution
a. I II III IV
b. II III I IV
c. II I IV III
d. III II I IV
3) The Southernmost point of India is ?
a. Cape Comorin
b. Point Calimere
c. Indira Point
d. Port Bihar
4) Which of the following soils is most ideal for paddy cultivation?
a. Laterite Soil
b. Red Soil
c. Alluvial Soil
d. Black Soil
5) The red colour of red soil is due to the rusting of ?
6) Which one of the following rivers crosses the equator two times ?
a. Cango River
b. Amazon River
c. Niger River
d. Nile River
7) Match correctly the following countries and their capitals by choosing the correct response? Country Capital
(a) Argentina (i) Bogota
(b) Colombia (ii) Harare
(c) Egypt (iii) Buenos Aires
(d) Zimbabwe (iv) Cario
(a) (b) (c) (d)
a. (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
b. (iii) (iv) ( i) (ii)
c. (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
d. (iii) (i) (iv) (ii)
8) The type of root formed in Betel vine is ?
a. Stilt Root
b. Clinging Root
c. Climbing Root
d. Prop Root
9) Chromosomes are made up of ?
c. DNA and Protein
10) Jersey bull used for cross breeding is an exotic variety from?
11) Which of the following symbiotic association forms a licken?
a. An algae and a fungus
b. An algae and a bryphyte
c. A bacterium and a fungus
d. A bacterium and gymnosperm
12) Which one of the following crop combination is not adopted in mixed cropping in India?
a. Wheat and Mustard
b. Wheat and Chick Pea
c. Rize and Ground nut
d. Ground nut and sun flower
13) Daltonism (Protanopia) is not the form of colour blindness in which the patient can not see
a. Green colour
b. Red colour
c. Blue colour
d. All the above colours
14) The photoelectric effect in described as the ejection of electrons from the surface of a metal when?
a. It is heated
b. It is placed in strong electric field
c. Electron of suitable velocity impinge on it
d. Light of suitable wavelength falls on it.
15) X-rays are ......... waves?
16) The shape of rain drops is spherical due to?
b. Surface tension
17) The penetrating powers of alpha,beta,gamma - radiations in decreasing order, are
18) In MS-Excel which of the following function is used to find the highest value within the list?
19) While the computer executes a program, the program is held in?
c. Hard Disk
d. Floppy Disk
20) A hybrid computer is the one having the combined properties of?
a. Super and micro computer
b. Mini and micro computer
c. Analog and digital computer
d. Super and mini computer
21) Tritium is an isotope of ?
22) The three basic components of an atom
a. protons,neutrons and ions
b. protons, neutrons and electrons
protium, deuterium and tritium
d. protons, neutrinos and ions
Alchol obtained in the saponification process is?
a. Ethyl alcohol
c. Wood spirit
24) The product of
equivalent weight and valency of an element is equal to?
b. Specific heat
c. Atomic weight
25) Chlorofluro carbons are widely used in?
b. Solar Heaters
c. Washing machines
In which Eco-system Grassland is included?
b. Fresh water
27) The main pollutant responsible for
Bhopal Gas Tragedy is?
a. Methyle isocyanate
28) Presently the Union Minister of Minority
a. Dr. Farooq Abdullah
b. Ghulam Nabi Azad
c. K. Rahman
d. Salman Khurshid
29) Who won the women French open Title in
a. Maria Sharapova
b. Victoria Azarenka
c. Serena Williams
30) Which of the following places of Sikh religious
heritage is not in India?
a. Nankana Sahib
d. Keshgarh Sahib
31) The headquaters of which one of the
following organization is not in Geneva?
a. Food and Agricultural
b. World Meteorological organisation
c. World Health
d. World Trade organisation
32) Which one of the
following museums in India and its location is wrongly matched?
a. National -
New Delhi Railway Museum
b. The Calico - Mumbai Museum of Textiles
Salar Jung - Hyderabad Museum
d. Napier Museum -
33) Which one of the following European Union countris
has its own currency and has not stitched over to Euro?
34) The pioneer of modern Hindi
a. Srinivas Das
b. Munshi Premchand
c. Devaki Nandan
d. Bharatendu Harishchandra
35) Which country has been admitted
in July 2013 as the 28th member of European Union?
d. Romanis 36) Which one of the following is
a. Athletics Track
b. Base Ball
c. Golf Course
d. Wrestling Ring
37) Which American president was
a famous film/T.V star before he became the president?
a. J.F Kennedy
Gerald R. Fond
c. Richard Nixon
d. Ronald Regan
38) "Value added"
is equal to?
a. Output minus input
b. Manufacturing profit
d. Capital gain
39) Value of a commodity expressed in terms of
money is called?
value 40) Selling cost is an element of ?
b. Perfect Competition
c. Pure Competition
41) The opportunity cost of a factor of production is?
What it earns in its present use
b. What is can earn in the long period
What it can earn in some other use
d. The cost of production
demand for a product which is wanted for itself is known as?
b. Industry Demand
c. Company Demand
d. Direct or Autonomous
43) The parliamentary form of Government in India has been adopted
a. American Constitution
b. Russian Constitution
d. Swiss Constitution
44) Which of these are essentials
of democratic system?
a. Free and fair elections
b. Equality of
c. Protection of rights
d. All of above
Amendment Act is referred as mini constitution?
a. 7th Constitutional
Amendment Act. 1956
b. 24th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1971
Constitutional Amendment Act, 1976
44th Constitutional Amendment Act,
46) Which Article of the Indian constitution stipulates that Directive
principles of state policy shall not be enforceable by any court? a. Article
31 b. Article 38 c. Article 37 d. Article 39
47) Which one of
the following languages is not specified in schedule 8 of the Indian
constitution? a. Sanskrit b. Sindhi c. English d. Nepali
Which ancient Indian kingdom is wrongly matched below with its
capital? Maurya - Pataliputra Pandya - Madurai Pallava -
Vellore Kakatiya - Warangal
49) Which were the two dynasties, which
ruled immediately before and after the Khiljis? Slave and Lodi Saiyyad and
Lodi Slave and Tughlaq Tughlaq and Lodi
50) Who among the following
did not participate in the 1857 Revolt against the British? Tantia
Tope Tipu Sultan Rani Lakhsmi Bai Nana Saheb
Hi Friends, here on this post you will get Solved GA Questions of IBPS PO MT CWE Exam held on 27th October 2013 Sunday Morning / Evening Shifts. The Exam is divided into two shifts Morning and Evening. Below we are sharing Solved Questions of IBPS PO of both shifts.
Eduzip.com is our website, providing study material for IBPS PO/MT CWE exam on arithmetic, reasoning, computer awareness, GK and current affairs. Study our banking materials and practice our online tests to grab confidence for your IBPS PO/MT CWE exam 2013. We are updating current affairs questions study material for your October 26, 27 IBPS exam you are recommended to visit our site regularly to be updated. All the Best.
IBPS PO Exam 27th October 2013 Questions of Morning Session:
1. World Health Day
Answer: 7 April
2. Who was conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2012 by the President of India recently
Answer: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
3. Whiich Woman Tennis Player won 15 grand slams and one doubles recently
4. Name the German chancelor who won the elections again recently
Answer: Angela Merkel
5. Author of the book " My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions"
Answer: A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
6. Who won the Best Actress Award at Oscars 2013
Answer: Jennifer Lawerence
7. Rice, Pulses, Millets come under which crops
Answer: Food Crops
8. ROA(Return on Asset ) means ?
9. What is meant by Run to Bank
Answer: Heavy cash withdrawals by depositor from an account at a time
10. FTSE-100 is the stock exchange of which country
11. Which of the following is not a credit rating agency?
12. Ambassadors for prestige cooking ware
Answer: Abhishek, Aishwarya
More Questions will updates shortly till then read below Solved IBPS PO Papers
IBPS PO Solved GA Questions of Exam held on 26th October 2013, Saturday Evening Shift. These Objective Types Questions will help you for Upcoming IBPS, SSC and other competitive examinations.
IBPS PO Questions Paper Held on October 26, 2013 of Evening Session:
Like us on Facebook To get more study Material for IBPS Exams
1. IBSA full form
Answer: India Brazil South Africa
2. Which bank has HQ in Bangalore
3. MSF rate 9.5 has decreased to how much on 07/10/2013
4. Director of movie Lunchbox
Answer: Ratish Batra
5. International Child Peace Prize
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
6. 1st CYBER FORENSIC LAB will be in which state
7. DICGC insured how much money
Answer: 1 lakh
8. New DG of WTO
Answer: Roberto Azevedo
9. Life of Pie novel writer
Answer: Yann Martel
10. Duration of 12th year plan
11. Gujar Mal Modi Award 2013
Answer: Vinod Prakash Sharma
12. Limit of educational loans under priority sector for abroad
Answer: 20 Lakh
13. Which tennis player has retired in 14 august 2013
Answer: Marion Bartoli
14. According to 2004, Senior citizens can invest upto
Answer: 15 Lakh
15. GDP Growth rate of India as per Central Statistics Office (CSO) for 2013?
16. Trade deficit was how much low as on september?
17. CRR condition related to 95%
18. According to 2011 census which state has highest Rural Population
Answer: Uttar Pradesh (15.51 crore- 18.16% of Indias Rural Population)
19. Full form of CDS
Answer: Credit Default Swap
20. Fairfax group head which brought blackberry
21. Aadhaar Bill name
Answer: UIDAI bill
22. Which option will be provided to voters by Election Commission in upcoming elections as per the directives of Supreme Court
Answer: Option to Reject All(NOTA)
23. Which Indian actor is/has been selected for a US award for his television show by the America Abroad Media (AAM)
Answer: Aamir Khan for Satyameva Jayathe
24. DAX is the Stock Market index of which country
25. NEFT maximum limit
Answer: No Limit
26. One Question on core banking solution?
27. Question related to Deep discount bond feature
28. One question on Prithvi-2
29. One question on NBFC
30. One question on Truncated cheques
31. Related to Currency Swap Arrrangement b/w India and Japan
32. Record made by Indian Women players by winning bronze medal for the first time in which sport event recently
33. Which of the following is not an Android OS?
34. Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is provided with how much money for the year 2013-14
IBPS PO 3 Examination held on 26th October 2013 Morning Shift Questions and Answers of General Awareness. Here Candidates will get IBPS PO MT III Question Paper Solution with Public Reviews in Comment area.
Lakhs of students appeared for the IBPS PO 3 Online Exam today on 26 October 2013 (Saturday) the examination was conducted in 2 different shifts on same day due to a large number of aspirants and limited resource but like always IBPS managed it well at all caters around the India.
IBPS PO III Paper Analysis and Discussion with Answer Key/Answer Sheet and Solution Download:
Hi Guys Like Our Facebook Page and get daily Updates of IBPS PO Exams, Solved Papers, Current Affairs and More.
1. Which of the following movie nominated for Oscar Award?
2. Who among the following is chairman FMC (Forward Markets Commission)?
3. What is the name of food grain scheme of Himanchal Pradesh?
4. Which of the following is the GAAR implementation date?
5. What is the name of new PM of Iran?
6. Who among the following is the new chairman of SBI?
7. Who among the following is the new chairman of AADHAR?
8. Fullform of NOFHC
Answer: Non Operative Financial Holding Company
9. Indis’s place in global competitive list by WEF?
10. Which of the following Bank open 15000 branches
11. Which of the following country in BRICS?
12. Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana Award
Answer: Amjad Ali Khan
13. Which of the following is the population growth rate (2001-2011)?
14. One question related with MSF.
15. Graphic biography on of whom released by Amar Chitra Katha
Answer: Dhyan Chand
16. Bank rate
17. Raghuram Rajan book name
Answer: Fault Lines
18. One question related to INS VIKRANT.
19. Pullea Gopichand related to which game
20. Maharashtra state launches ‘Manodhairya’ scheme for whom
Answer: For rape victims
21. First women chief information commissioner
22. Sundarban located in which state
Answer: West Bengal
23. Best Foreign Language Film at the 86th Academy Awards(From India)
Answer: The Good Road
24. What is the Maximum limit in prority sector by public sector
Answer: 40 %
25. According to MSMED Act 2006,maximum limit in services is 5 crore .what is minimum limit for medium enterprises?
IBPS PO III Paper Analysis and Discussion with Answer Key/Answer Sheet and Solution Download:
We believe that above poll result observation has already told the answer of almost all related queries regarding the IBPS PO III question paper but here we advise our readers to leave their comment on IBPS PO III Question Paper (Oct 26, 2013). Instead of our experts comments directly on paper type, question paper, questions and their answers we want our readers to participate in discussion to analyze the question paper, our experts we reply to all of the questions you share with answers.
Note: IBPS PO MT 3 Examination Questions and Answers of Morning Shift will updated here soon.
1. Director of the bollywood film Satyagraha -- Prakash Jha
2. The first Indian-origin Miss America 2013 -- Nina Davuluri
3. Reserve Bank of India hiked Repo Rate on Sept 20, 2013 by – 25 basis point to 7.5%
4. The limit of Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) hiked to -- Rs. 12 Lakh per year
5. Which bank headquarter not in kolkata
6. NEFT is used for
7. ATM wrong deduction to be refunded within
8. Which country become the 28th member of EU -- Croatia
9. When RBI wants to absorb liquidity from market increase reverse repo,decrease repo or increase crr
10. Head of Committee on Gold -- K U B Rao
11. Next G-8 Summit will be held in
12. Which book is not written by Chetan Bhagat
13. Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana
14. Wheat ,Bajra comes under rabi or kharif crop
15. GDP Growth Forecast by CSO for 2013-14
16. Name the joint venture of Tata Sons-Singapore Airlines -- Tata SIA Airlines Ltd
17. No. 1 Stock Exchange in the World -- NYSE/ Nasdaq
18. Award given to Finance Minister P Chidambaram by -- Business Reformer Award
19. Balance Sheet indicates what
20. What do you understand by TLE in POS machine -- Terminal Line Encryption
21. G20 Summit 2013 Venue -- Saint Petersburg, Russia
22. At a time what is maximum limit of Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account (BSBDA) -- Rs 50, 000
23. Infosys launches new version of banking solution -- Finacle11
24. MacMohan Line between which countries – India and China
25. Who developed rupee symbol – Udaya Kumar
26. CEO of Women Bank –
27. Full form of EASIEST -- Electronic Accounting System in Excise and Service Tax
28. Who is the Chief of Forward Markets Commission (FMC) -- Shri Ramesh Abhishek
29. Who among the following is not a member of Parliament
30. New Director General of CPRF – Dilip Trivedi
31. Micro finance Maximum investment Limit
32. IFSC Code is needed in?
33. Information technology Act in which year?
34. Who is the first indian to win shooting competion in world championship -- Rahi Sarnobat
35. Where has ONGC opened new gas based power plant recently?
36. Adviced Limit of draft granted by cheque?
37. 726 MW ONGC power project in which North-Eastern state -- Tripura
38. The 78-year-old RBI history book released by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh 'RBI History — Looking Back and Looking Ahead'
39. Full Form of TLE
40. Mandatory for companies to spend at least 2% of net profits on-CSR
1. Geeta Phogat related to which game
Answer: World Women's Wrestling
Description: Geeta Phogat is a female wrestler from India who won India's first ever gold medal in women's wrestling in the 55 kg freestyle category at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. She hails from a Hindu Jat family of Bhiwani in Haryana. (Wikipedia)
2. Full form of IFSC
Answer: Indian Financial System Code
3. BTM stands for ___
4. PM of Bhutan
Answer: Tshering Tobgay
Description: Tshering Tobgay is a Bhutanese politician who has been Prime Minister of Bhutan since 2013. He was the Leader of Opposition party in National Assembly from March, 2008 till April 2013.He is also leader of the People's Democratic Party.
5. Prez of Pakistan
Answer: Mamnoon Hussain
6. Bangoli director die
Answer: Rituparno Ghosh
7. Question on Janpith award
8. Banking Ombudsman issued by
Answer: RBI (Reserve Bank of India)
Description: The Banking Ombudsman Scheme is introduced under Section 35 A of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 by RBI with effect from 1995.
9. current SLR
Answer: 23% in August 2013
10. 2020 olympic will be in which country
Answer: 2020 Olympic is scheduled to be held from 24 July – 9 August 2020 in Tokyo, Japan
12. RBI is going to issue plastic note of ________ rupees (10,100,5,20)
Answer: 10 rupee
13. Indian Institute of Film is situated at?
Answer: Pune, India
14. which program has changed to "swarnajyanti rojgar yojna"
15. Prenab Mukharjee recommended reconstruction of which university
16. Question on Medium industry..i dont remember exactly
17.chemical name used in syria attack
Answer: mustard gas or chlorine gas
18. PSB’s dividend to rbi ?
19. External debt of india in 2013-14
20. Maximun no. of Credit Limit in financial inclusion
21. Head quarters of Bharatiya Mahila Bank – New Delhi
22. Prime Minister's key economic adviser C Rangarajan lowered the growth forecast for the current fiscal to ......... per cent?- 5.3%
23. Among BSE and NIFTY which has been established first in India?
Dear Readers, here We sharing IBPS (PO) Probationary Officers exam (Morning Shift) Solved Questions and Answers Held on 19th October 2013 Morning Shift Saturday. These Questions are shared by the owner of Eduzip.com from Punjab.
1. International Day for
Disaster Reduction(13th Cotober). It's objective is to raise
awareness of how people are taking action to reduce their risk to disasters.
The theme of the day this year is "Living with Disability and
living with disabilities are among the most excluded in the society and their
plight is magnified when a disaster strikes. This year, the focus is on some
one billion people around the world who live with some form of disability.
2. World Standards Day(14th October).It is
celebrated internationally each year on October 14. This year's theme is
“International standards ensure positive change”.International
standards represent the consensus view of the world’s leading experts in industry sectors ranging from energy utilities
and energy efficiency to transportation, management systems, climate change,
healthcare, safety and information and communication technology (ICT).
3.Eugene F. Fama, Robert J.
Shiller and Lars Peter Hansen shared the 2013 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences
for their research onhow the market prices of assets such as
stocks move.The three laureates, all Americans,
“laid the foundation for the current understanding of asset prices,” the Royal Swedish
Academy of Sciences, which selects the
winner, said today in Stockholm.
4. The head of the United Nations named “Sigrid Kaag”to lead
the UN's joint mission with the chemical weapons watchdog tasked with
arsenal. The UN Security Council, which is set to vote on Kaag's nomination
Wednesday, has formally approved a first joint mission with the Nobel Peace
Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.Kaag
is charged with overseeing the destruction of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile
by 30th June, in line with a resolution passed by the Security Council last
5. Gold loan company Muthoot Finance Ltd has been bestowed with
Golden Peacock Award for ‘HR Excellence
for 2013’at a function in
Verma, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Energy and Climate,
Government of United Kingdom, presented the award to George M. Jacob, Director,
Vysya Bank has entered into a business tie-up with Indian Railways’ IRCTC to
offer online train ticketing services to its customers.This facility enables ING Vysya Bank’s
customers to book train tickets usingING Net Banking or ING debit cards.Over 1 lakh tickets were booked during
the first month of the launch, the bank said in a statement.
7.National Housing Bank (NHB) has
joined hands with UK Government's Department for International Development
(DFID) to launch an affordable housing project that will operate in eight
low-income States.This is the
first time that NHB has come up with a project that caters to specified States,
said R.V. Verma, Chairman & Managing Director of NHB here today. The
project will operate in the eight States of Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha,
Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal,
Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
Private sector insurer Birla Sun Life Insurance (BSLI) today launched a
participating traditional plan, BSLI Savings Plan, with guaranteed additions
for the first five years of the policy term. The plan is a
savings-cum-insurance option that aims to provide secured growth to savings and
comprehensive financial protection from the risk of unfortunate death. BSLIis a joint venture between the Aditya
Birla Group and Sun Life Financial Inc, a leading international financial
services organisation from Canada.
9.ONGC Videsh Ltd, the overseas arm of state-owned Oil and
Natural Gas Corp, has won two onland oil blocks in Myanmar, strengthening its presence
in the south-east Asian nation.OVL, which has stakes in
the A-1 and A-3 gas discovery blocks and three other offshore acreages in
Myanmar, was last week awarded two oil and gas exploration blocks in that
country's Onshore Blocks Second Bidding Round - 2013.The firm got Blocks B-2
(Zebyutaung-Nandaw) and EP-3 (Thegon-Shwegu), according to the list of winners
released by Myanmar's
inflation rose marginally to 9.84 per cent in September, mainly due to a hike
in food prices, particularly of vegetables.Retail
inflation measured in terms of consumer price index (CPI) was at 9.52 per cent
in August. Retail inflation for rural and urban areas in September stood at
9.71 per cent and 9.93 per cent, respectively. The same was 8.93 per cent and
10.32 per cent (revised figures) in August. For CPI inflation, price data are
collected from select towns by the National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO)
and from select villages by the Department of Posts.
11. Former Union minister, freedom fighter and environmentalist
Mohan Dharia, who quit the Indira Gandhi government against imposition of
Emergency,died here today of chronic kidney failure.
He was 89.A recipient of Padma Vibhushan, the
highest Padma award, in 2005, Dharia retired from active politics in 1982 and
formed “Vanrai”, an organisation dedicated to the cause of conservation and
social forestry. Interestingly,even though a bitter critic of Indira Gandhi,
Dharia was conferred the prestigious Indira Gandhi Award for National
Integration in 2011, by Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
12. The Indian tennis pair Sanam Singh and Vijayant Malik on 12
October 2013 won the doubles title in the 15000 US dollars ITF Men's Futures
Tennis Tournament at the Jake Hess Tennis Stadium in Houston, USA.
In the final match, they defeated fourth seeded pair of Evan King (USA) and
Costin Paval (Romania)
in two sets 7-6 (5), 6-4.
13. Varun Arora, a young innovator from India on 10
October 2013 selected for United Nations10 Young Innovators Competition
2013.Varun Arora is
among 10 people from around the world selected for a prestigious United Nations
award in recognition of their work as entrepreneurs and use of technology to
change the world.Varun Arora
awarded for his creationOpen Curriculum,an
online platform for local educational material for standard, primary and
People Killed and Several Injured near a Temple
in Madhya Pradesh. Approximately, 115
people were feared killed and over 100 injured in a stampede on 13 October 2013
near a temple at Ratangarh in Madhya Pradesh's Datia district.The stampede was caused by rumours
that a bridge they were crossing was about to collapse.
15. Indian Wrestler
Satyavrat on 12 October 2013 won the 9th Roustam-E-International Indian Style
wrestling title at Vivekanand Sports Stadium, Katra after he defeated wrestler
Mykhalio Datsemko of Ukrain in the final bout. Wrestler Satyavart was awarded
Silver Gurj, Patta and cash prize of one lakh rupees and the runner up got cash
of 50000 rupees.
1. Who equaled the world record of eight golds at the 2013 World Athletics Championships?
Answer: Usain Bolt
2. The Chinese Navy hospital ship which paid a week-longgoodwill visit to Bangladesh recently?
Answer: Peace Ark
3. Who has been appointed as the Chairperson of the National School of Drama Society?
Answer: Ratan Thiyam
4. In which state did the Saharsha-Patna Rajyarani Express runover pilgrims killing 37 people?
5. Where in India was the statue of Nobel Laureate Dr. Norman Borlaug unveiled recently?
Answer: New Delhi
6. Whose new book, `MyJourney: Transforming Dreams into Actions' has been released recently?
Answer: A.P.J Abdul Kalam
7. World Photography Day was celebrated on:
Answer: August 19
8. The scientists of the Smithsonian Institution of the United States have recently announced the discovery of a new mammal named ………….?
9. Who has been selected for Sir Edmund Hillary Mountain Legacy Medal 2013?
Answer: Harshwanti Bisht
10. Who has been appointed as the Director General of the CRPF?
Answer: Dilip Trivedi
11. Who won the Men's singles in the Rogers Cup 2013, held in Montreal, Canada?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
12. In which state is the Election Commission planning to use Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trial (VVPAT) system for the first time in the country?
13. Who has been appointed as India's new Ambassador and the Permanent Representative on the U.N Conference on Disarmament?
Answer: Dr. Bala Venkatesh Varma
14. Which Indian squash player won gold in the Asian Youth Games held in Nanjing, China?
Answer: Kush Kumar
15. The Indian who won bronze medal in the 96 kg freestyle category at the recently held World junior Wrestling Championships held in Sofia, Bulgaria?
Answer: Satywart Kadian
16. Which International Tennis player from France, who also won the Wimbledon Women's Singles title 2013, has announced her retirement
Answer: Marion Bartoli
17. India has won 83 medals at the 2013 World Police & Fire Games held at ………….?
18. What does RGGVY stand for?
Answer: Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana. The programmeis aimed at providing electricity to all rural households. The
Government of India has recently decided to continue the programme.
19. The new mobile app devised by German scientists that helps locate lost items?
Answer: Find My Stuff
20. The Indian Newspaper Society has approved the proposal to hike the FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in print media from 26 percent to ………….. percent?
21. Who won the women's singles in the Cincinnati Open tennis tournament?
Answer: Victoria Azarenka.
22. Who is the Chairman of the newly constituted committee bythe Central Government, to assess the status of Scheduled tribes?
Answer: Virginius Xaxa
23. The renowned Indian cricket coach and Dronacharya awardee who passed away on 16th August?
Answer: Desh Prem Azad
24. A Street in which foreign country has been named after Mahatma Gandhi on the occasion of India's 67th Independence Day?
25. Which space telescope built by NASA has stopped its mission of `searchingfor habitable planets' after its pointing system broke down?
Answer: Kepler telescope
26. Nouri-Al-Maliki, the prime minister of …………. recentlyvisited India?
27. Which country's Vice President, Mohammad Karim Khalili was on an official visit to India?
28. Which Indian state has recently enacted anti-superstition law?
29. Who became the first woman to take over as Chairman and Managing Director of HPCL?
Answer: Nishi Vasudeva
30. The airstrip in Ladakh, reopened by the Indian Air Force?
Answer: Daulat Beg Oldi
31. Who won the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix 2013?
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
32. Which Indian classical singer and music director from Odisha passed away on 25 August?
Answer: Raghunath Panigrahi
33. Which Indian won the Winston-Salem open tennis doubles title along with his Canadian partner Daniel Nestor?
Answer: Leander Paes
34. The Indian Navy's submarine that sank at the naveldockyard in Mumbai after fireon board on August 14?
Answer: INS Sindhurakshak
35. Who won this year's Children's Peace prize, instituted by the Dutch based Kids Rights Foundation?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
36. Which country's army general, Lt Gen Maqsood Ahmed, has been appointed as the Military Advisor for United Nations Peace Keeping operations?
37. …………… wasobserved as the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its abolition?
Answer: August 23
38. On which day was the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's famous `I have a dream' speech celebrated?
Answer: August 28
39. In which country did many people including children die in attacks using chemical warfare?
40. Who heads the Tax Administration Reform Commission (TARC), recently set up by the Government of India?
Answer: Parthasarathy Shome.
41. Facebook and Six other technology firms (Ericson, MediaTek, Nokia, Opera, Qualcomm and Samsung) have launched an initiative
named……….. tomake internet access affordable for people across the globe?
Answer: Internet. org
42. As a measure to contain the downward trend of Rupee, the Government of India has banned the duty-free import of …………. byair travelers?
Answer: Flat Screen Televisions
43. The scientists of which country have recently developedthe most precise clock in the world?
Answer: United States
44. Who won the recently concluded Ashes Cricket test series?
45. Who received this year's Mahatma Gandhi International Award for Peace and Reconciliation?
Answer: Brigalia Bam
46. Who took over as the President of Zimbabwe for another five year term?
Answer: Robert Mugabe
47. Who won this year's Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award?
Answer: Ronjon Sodhi
48. Who won this year's Dronacharya Award in connection with Athletics coaching?
Answer: K.P Thomas
49. International Day of the victims of enforced disappearances was observed on ……………..?
Answer: August 30
50. Who was honouredwith the inaugural Mahathir award for Global Peace?
Answer: Nelson Mandela
51. The Life Sciences Park to be set up by the Kerala Government is named …………..?
Answer: Bio 36052. Which country's foreign minister, Samuel Santos Lopez visited India recently?
53. Which Indian has been appointed as the chairman of the Ethics Commission of the International Weightlifting Federation?
Answer: Birendra Prasad Baishya
54. Which Indian along with Zheng Jie of China won the women's doubles title at the WTA New Haven Open?
Answer: Sania Mirza
55. Which Gulf nation has passed the country's first law against domestic violence?
Answer: Saudi Arabia
56. Which neighbouringcountry's Prime Minister, Tshering Tobgay has paid a six day visit to India
57. Who stepped down as the Chairman of the National Payments Corporation of India?
Answer: K. Narayana Murthy
58. …………… wascelebrated as the National Sports Day?
Answer: 29 August. This day marks the birthday of Dhyan Chand.
59. The UN General Assembly has declared April 6 as the International Day for ……………?
Answer: Sport for Development and Peace
60. The UN Human Rights Commissioner who was on a week-longfact finding mission in Sri Lanka?
Answer: Navi Pillai
61. Which neighbouringcountry is set to introduce the Right to Information bill in the Parliament?
62. Which Asian country has unveiled `Izumo' , their largest warship after World War II?
63. The first prison in the country to have its own radio station?
Answer: Tihar Jail
64. The Irish writer and Nobel Prize recipient, who passed away on 30 August?
Answer: Seamus Heaney
65. Which software giant is to buy Nokia Company?
66. The Indian Air Force has inducted its biggest transport aircraft named ……………..?
Answer: C-17 Globemaster III
67. Who won the Asia Cup Men's Hockey title?
Answer: South Korea
68. Which former heavy weightboxing champion, nicknamed `TheDuke', passed away recently?
Answer: Tommy Morrison
69. Which nation was chosen by the International Olympic Committee to host the 2020 Summer Olympics?
70. Where was this year's G-20 Summit held?
Answer: St. Petersburg, Russia
71. Who won the Men's singles at the US Open 2013?
Answer: Rafael Nadal
72. Which book written by Jhumba Lahiri has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize 2013?
Answer: The Lowland
73. The largest known volcano on the Earth, discovered recently?
Answer: Tamu Massif
74. Who has become India's first Woman Chief Information Commissioner?
Answer: Deepak Sandhu
75. Who lifted the Italian Grand Prix Formula One title?
Answer: Sebastian Vettel
76. What is the name given to the new Android 4.4 operating system?
77. Which newly discovered painting has been confirmed as a work of Vincent Van Gogh?
Answer: Sunset at Montmajour
78. Who is the new President of the International Olympic Committee?
Answer: Thomas Bach
79. Who was conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development recently?
Answer: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
80. Which state Government has announced the scheme Manodhairya to help rape survivors and
child victims of sexual abuse?
81. Who won the South Asian Football Federation Championship 2013?
82. Who becomes the 23rd Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
Answer: Raghuram Govind Rajan
83. Who received Amnesty International Award 2013?
Answer: Malala Yousafzai
84. The International Day of Peace, also known as World Peace Day Observed On?
Answer: 21st September
85. Who becomes the first Indian to win bronze medal at World Wrestling Championship?
Answer: Sandeep Tulsi Yadav
86. Who is appointed as Rajasthan State Election Commissioner recently?
87. Who won Miss World 2013?
Answer: Megan Young
88. Who conferred with the Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony for year2013?
Answer: Zubin Mehta
89. Who is sworn in as the12th President of Pakistan?
Answer: Mamnoon Hussain
90. Who wins US Open 2013 title?
Answer: Serena Williams
91. Who has been elected as the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC)?
Answer: Thomas Bach
92. World Tourism Day was observed on?
Answer: September 27, 2013
Themefor 2013: “Tourism and Water: Protecting our Common Future”
93. Union Government of India FinalisedSetting up World’s Largest Solar Power Project in ......?
94. A new Advanced universal banking solution that simplifies banking operations launched by Infosys is ?
Answer: Finacle 11E
95. Indian rollerskaterentered into Guinness Bookof record is ?
Answer: Rohan Kokane
96. World's highest civilian airport (to boost Tourism) opens by China located at ?
97. India's First Marine Eco-Sensitive Zone declared in....?
Answer: Gulf of Kutch, Gujarat
98. Which city won the right to host the 2020 Summer Olympic Games?
99. Who has been awarded the Fifth Deutsche Bank Prize forFinancial Economics 2013 ?
Answer: Reserve Bank of India governor Raghuram Rajan
100. Miss Nigeria, ______________ won the Miss Muslimah World 2013 Title ?
Answer: Obabiyi Aishah Ajibola
Here we sharing with you the list of Punchlines / Slogans / Taglines of Various National and Privates Indian Banks.
01. Allahabad Bank – A tradition of trust
02. Andhra Bank – For all your needs
03. Bank of Baroda – India’s International Bank
04. Bank of Maharashtra – One family one bank
05. Bank of India – Relationship beyond banking
06. Canara Bank – Together we can
07. Central Bank Of India – Build a better life around us
08. Corporation Bank – Prosperity for all
09. Dena Bank – Trusted Family Bank
10. Indian Bank – Your tech friendly Bank
11. Indian Overseas Bank – Good people to grow with
12. Oriental Bank of Commerce – Where every individual is committed
13. Punjab National Bank – The name you can bank upon
14. Punjab and Sind Bank – To strive to achieve excellence in customer service
15. Syndicate Bank – Faithful and friendly
16. United Commercial Bank – Honours your trust
17. Union Bank of India – Good people to bank with
18. United Bank of India – The bank that begins with “U”
19. Vijaya Bank – A friend you can bank on
20. State Bank of India – With you all the way
21. State Bank of Hyderabad – Modern Innovative dependable
22. State Bank of Mysore – Working for a better tomorrow
23. State Bank of Patiala – Blending modernity with tradition
24. State Bank of Travancore – Since 1945 – a long tradition of trust
25. ICICI Bank – Hum Hai Na
26. IDBI Bank – Banking for all
27. HSBC bank – World’s local bank
28. HDFC Bank – We understand your world
29. Bank of Rajasthan – Together we prosper
30. Federal Bank – Your perfect Banking partner
31. Yes Bank – Experience our expertise
32. Jammu and Kashmir Bank – Serving to empower
33. Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited – The changing face of prosperity
34. Karur Vysya Bank – Smart way to Bank
35. Deutshe Bank – A passion to perform
36. South Indian Bank Limited – Experience Next Generation Banking